etMEMS™ Mini Variable Optical Attenuator with Input Power Monitor
The mini MEMS Variable Optical Attenuator Integrated with Input Optical Power Monitor is a hybrid fiber optical device that integrates a thin-film tap of flat spectral response and a high sensitivity PIN photodiode for power monitoring applications with a MEMS VOA. The Power Monitor minimizes component assembly costs and module footprint. The thermal MEMS VOA has little temperature dependence and drift. It is intrinsically more reliable than electrostatic MEMS VOAs.
The Power Monitor has low insertion loss and low dark current with high temperature stability over a wide wavelength range from 1260nm to 1620nm band.
- Low Loss Device
- Custom Tap Ratios Available
- Compact Design
- Channel Monitoring
- Power Monitoring in Optical Interface Modules
- Gain Monitoring for Amplifier
- DWDM System Monitoring
|Wavelength 1260 1620||nm|
|Polarization Dependent Loss||0.15||0.4||dB|
|Wavelength Dependence Loss,||0.3||dB|
|Temperature Dependence Loss||0.05||0.2||dB|
|Polarization Mode Dispersion||0.005||0.01||0.05||ps|
|Tap Response @ 1550nm||8||20||40||mA/W|
|Wavelength Dependence Response||0.02||0.03||dB/nm|
|Polarization Dependence Response||0.02||0.10||0.25||dB|
|Temperature Dependence Response||0.01||dB/°C|
|Dark Current at 5V bias @ 23°C||1||nA|
|3dB Bandwidth (cutoff frequency)||10||MHz|
|Reliability||Telcordia 1209 and 1221|
|Fiber Type||Corning SMF28|
|Package Dimension||F3.5 X 15 or F3.5 X 23||mm|
- Without connector and in room temperature. If the tap ratio higher than 3%, the insertion loss will increase.
- At attenuation equal or less than 20dB
- At 0dB attenuation and in whole temperature range
- Within 30nm Bandwidth
- For the power monitor with the directivity which is defined as the responsivity contrast between the light from input or output.