The PinPointer™ packs a full-featured Raman spectroscopy system in a remarkably affordable true handheld format. The lightweight unit is controlled by a pocket-size Windows® computer and features easy-to-use ID-find™ software that provides one-touch identification of unknown substances by immediate comparison of a measured spectrum to the on-board Raman spectral library..
Handheld Raman Spectrometer
- Easy and Fast Substance Identification
- Many substances emit a characteristic light when illuminated with a laser, the Raman scatter effect, that uniquely identifies molecular structure.
- With a touch of a button, the PinPointer collects and analyzes this scattered light from a chemical under test. The included ID-find software can search thousands of stored reference spectra to identify unknown substances. Within seconds, the detected chemical is identified and its name and properties displayed.
- Affordable, Compact, High Performance
- The PinPointer provides the same performance as other handheld Raman spectrometers proposed for homeland security or on-site chemical identification but costs much less.
- Wide Chemical Coverage
- The included ID-find software will search a database of more than 10,000 chemicals to find a match within a few seconds after data acquisition .
- Specialized chemical databases are sold separately. Users can also create their own custom spectral libraries.
- Substance ID of Packaged Materials
- Solid, powder or liquid samples can be analyzed while still contained in plastic bags or glass or plastic bottles or vials.
|Excitation Wavelength||785 nm|
|Laser Power||5 to 300 mW|
|Raman Spectral Range||200 to 3000 cm-1|
|Spectral Resolution||~9 cm-1|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||250:1 (at full signal)|
|Collection Optics||NA = 0.28, working distance = 5 mm spot size 0.1 mm|
|Power||Rechargeable battery, >4 hr charge|
|Size||8.5” x 4.3” x 2.5” (215 x 110 x 64 mm)|
|Weight||3 lb. (1.4 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||-25 °C to 70 °C|